Choosing the right software for your small business in 2023 can make all the difference.
In the fast-paced and connected world; an automation tool that helps with Business Communication (Customer Interaction) and Growth is essential. From streamlining your customer acquisition process to helping with retention through follow-ups, reminders, and reviews – the right software can help your business spread its wings and have a profound impact on your business’s success.
Finding a software that can help you
- Manage customer reviews across multiple platforms,
- Provides text messaging & calls for communicating with customers,
- Integrates with multiple platforms, and
- Helps you understand your online presence and campaign success through analytics
are some of the key features that the software choice of your needs to have!
In this blog, we will be taking a deep dive into three of the most powerful business communication softwares on the market – Birdeye, Podium, and Emitrr; examine their features, pros and cons, and unique advantages.
Whether you’re a budding startup or an established enterprise, this comparison will help you make an informed decision, ensuring that you harness the full potential of technology that is provided by these tools.
Birdeye vs Podium vs Emitrr - Ratings & Reviews
Ratings and reviews are crucial to understanding how users feel about the product.
Let us take a look at the ratings of Birdeye, Podium, and Emitrr to understand how businesses feel about the product. Capterra, the #1 website for choosing better software, has the following ratings for the three platforms:
Overall Rating: The Overall Rating takes into consideration multiple aspects of the lifecycle of the products – from deployment to use to customer support.
Birdeye is rated at 4.7 stars
Podium is rated at 4.3 stars
Emitrr is rated at 4.8 stars
Let’s break down what contributed to the higher rating of Emitrr when compared to Birdeye and Podium.
- Ease of Use: Ease of use can be defined by a few important characteristics-
- How easy is it to deploy the product
- How well it integrates with other softwares
- The end-user experience of the product
- How streamlined the dashboard is
The Ease of Use Rating for Birdeye is 4.7 stars, Podium is 4.4 stars, and Emitrr is 4.8 stars. This illustrates Emitrr is the Easier to Use software of the three ensuring a very small learning curve for your team.
- Features: All three software come with a plethora of features. Birdeye has most features, but even the most basic features require you to upgrade from the basic plan – making essential features expensive. Birdeye also misses out on some great features like group texting. Similarly, Podium locks essential features for a higher price bracket. Emitrr on the other hand offers a tailored feature list according to your business’s requirements – charging for features that you use and nothing more.
The feature rating for Bireye is 4.6 stars, Podium is 4.3 stars, and Emitrr is 4.8 stars. This highlights the fact that core features with optimization makes Emitrr better than Birdeye and Podium.
Value for Money: Pricing is one of the major considerations when choosing between alternatives. Are you paying a fair amount? Is the pricing justified for the features your business needs? Let’s take a look at the pricing of the three platforms:
The ratings for value for money are self-explanatory. Birdeye has a ton of features and charges a premium accordingly, with an annual sign-in. Podium charges the most to unlock even the most basic features. The ‘Essentials’ package of Podium starts at $249 and only offers dashboard access to 3 team members and allows only 1000 contacts. Emitrr offers all the major features of both Birdeye and Podium while keeping the costs considerably manageable. Moreover, you only pay for what you use and you don’t necessarily need to get into annual contracts with Emitrr
- Customer Service: Whether it’s Onboarding, Account Management, TroubleShooting, or resolving Technical Issues, the software of your choice should have robust customer support that answers your queries and solves your problems in seconds – not days!
The Customer Service rating for Birdeye is 4.7 stars, Podium is 4.1 stars, and Emitrr shines with 5 stars. The fact that Emitrr provides 24/7 live support in the form of calls, messages, chats, and emails (Tickets), along with a full-fledged knowledge base makes it the highest-rated in customer service.
- Likelihood to Recommend: “A strong likelihood to recommend reflects the true value a product or service brings to its users.”
The likelihood to recommend score for Birdeye is 85.6, Podium is 67.8, and Emitrr is 92.8.
Emitrr has the highest rating across all aspects, with a very high likelihood to recommend rating. A superior product is only possible with customer satisfaction, and Emitrr strikes hard there.
Birdeye vs Podium vs Emitrr - Reviews
Reviews are crucial to understanding what customers say about your product.
Pros of Birdeye
- Robust Review Management Software
- Tons of Features
- Customizable Social Management
Cons of Birdeye
- Difficulty using the product
- Issues with integrations
- Contractual obligations
- Poor customer support, no transparency
- Tricky Dashboard
Pros of Podium
- Integrates well with CRMs
- Core Features are present
- Automated Social Media posts for 4 stars and above rating
Cons of Podium
- Pathetic Customer Support
- Contractual obligations with hard-to-cancel subscription
- Expensive, with bare minimum features
Pros of Emitrr
- HIPAA Compliant
- Tons of Features
- Competitive Pricing
- Excellent Customer Support
- High level of customization
- Integrations across all major platforms
- Constantly Evolving to add more features
Cons of Emitrr
- Some features are yet-to-come.
Birdeye vs Podium vs Emitrr - Overall Comparison
Let’s see how the three most popular business communication softwares do in terms of features –
- Review Management: Nothing sparks more trust in your business than reviews by real customers. Review management software helps you automatically collect reviews online on the platform relevant to your prospective clients. The review management software also compiles all reviews across different review sites into a single dashboard for you to take action seamlessly.
- Business Messaging: Customers can reach out to your business through various channels, and it’s hard to maintain seamless conversation across all of them. Business communication software brings all conversations from different channels to a single platform for you to respond to. And the more powerful softwares also automate replies!
- Call Management: Does being a business owner means forgetting what after-hours and weekends are? Not anymore! Business communication software helps your business by answering new customer calls, converts them to two way text messages, and responds automatically ensuring no appointment goes missed.
- Text Management: People prefer texts over calls. According to a study, 75% of Millennials prefer texting over Talking. Text Messages also have over 98% open rate, making them a highly effective communication channel. Any business communication software should provide your business with the following text message features –
- 2-way text messaging
- Group text messaging
- Missed call to text
- Broadcast/Bulk SMS
- Schedule-based text
- Text follow-ups (reviews, cancellations, payment, birthday wishes, reminders)
Integration: Different businesses have different pre-established softwares or technology stacks such as EMR (Electronic Medical Records), PMS (Practice Management Software), and Scheduling Software that the new communication software needs to integrate with.
Emitrr; The better choice over Birdeye and Podium
After comparing the ratings, reviews, pros and cons, and pricing we can conclude that Emitrr is the better choice when compared to Birdeye and Podium:
- Emitrr has better support.
- Emitrr is HIPAA compliant.
- Emitrr has unique features like:
- Missed Calls to Text
- Webchat to text
- Text Follow-Ups
- Schedule-based texting
- Group Text Messaging
- Highly Customizable Deployment
- Emitrr is priced more competitively.
The right software for your business depends on a lot of factors, but if you are looking for a Business Communication and Review Management software, and are confused between Birdeye and Podium, maybe you need to rethink your options and check out Emitrr.