EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting: Which Platform Should You Pick?
The world of SMS Marketing is a huge one and is growing at an exponential rate; with more and more people becoming increasingly dependent on their mobile phones.
Fun fact: According to a survey, 80 percent of people read messages within 3-5 minutes of receiving them.
Imagine what kind of an impact such trends will have on your business, if you decide to implement SMS marketing. To be able to make the most of communicating with customers via texts, you need to dive deep into a couple of things:
- What exactly do you want to communicate with your customer base?
- What is your end goal; ie- what is it that you wish to achieve through your SMS marketing efforts?
- How will you ensure that your message reaches the right people?
To keep in touch with customers and to build lasting relationships with them, you need software that ideally aligns with your use case. In this article, we’ll compare two popular SMS marketing platforms: EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting.
We’ll give you a detailed analysis of the features these platforms offer and will draw a comparison between them based on other factors such as price, reviews, and support.
Are you ready to take your business communication a notch higher? Well, stay glued to this article to explore what these platforms have to offer!
SimpleTexting is a text marketing platform that allows you to elevate your business communication through a variety of functionalities.
Whether you’re just getting started with text message marketing or are willing to optimize your workflows; SimpleTexting is one option that you can definitely consider.
Reaching out to your customers is quite easy with SimpleTexting with a variety of texting capabilities that this platform offers such as two-way texting, mass texting, APIs, texting auto-reply, and more.
You can also have your landline number text enabled or text people from 6-digit shortcodes. Ideal for 1000+ users, this platform offers a free trial and free version.
About EZ Texting
EZ Texting is a great SimpleTexting alternative that allows you to easily communicate with your contacts and build lasting relationships with them. This platform offers SMS solutions that are ideal for small and medium-sized businesses.
EZ Texting has been serving businesses since 2004 and has evolved with the growing needs of businesses. It offers various functionalities such as group texting, mass texting, keywords, autoresponders, reminders, and more; and serves 22 industries including construction, home services, healthcare, real estate, hospitality, and more.
This platform is ideal for local franchises and mid-market businesses that have anywhere between 1-500 users.
Now that you have a basic idea of both EZ Texting and SimpleTexting, it is time to draw a comparison and assess which of these platforms best suits your business.
EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting: Key Features To Consider
Before we give you an overall feature-by-feature comparison of EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting, it is first important to understand what all features you need to look for.
Here are the top 20 features that you must look for while picking your ideal text marketing platform:
- Two-way texting: This feature allows you to converse with your customers effectively. From responding to queries to sending appointment reminders; this feature reduces your call volume by 40% and also ensures customer satisfaction.
- Group texting: If you wish to send a text to multiple contacts without having to spend a lot of time, then you can create a group, and send your message across. The group texting feature is ideal for internal communication.
- Mass texting/bulk texting: If you intend to send a text to multiple contacts without a group message, mass texting is what you need. With such a functionality you can send a text message to as many people as you like, and receive responses in individual chats.
- Drip campaigns: You can send automated messages to your contacts with this feature, thereby fostering your relationships with your subscribers while also saving time and money.
- Auto-reply: The texting auto-reply functionality is ideal when people reach out to you during non-operational hours. You can set up automated messages that can reach people in response to the triggers set by you.
- Keywords: When you set text messaging campaigns, you can set certain keywords that people can text your short code or long code number to join those campaigns. It’s a great way to filter your potential customers.
- Text message scheduling: With this feature, you can schedule messages to be sent out at later dates. Whether you wish to send time-sensitive information or improve customer engagement, such a capability comes in handy.
- Integrations: This feature is essential if you don’t want to keep switching in between your texting platform and your CRM/EHR software. Integration helps centralize your workflows and hence your chosen platform should offer ample integrations.
- Text forwarding: Pick a software that allows you to automatically forward inbound text messages to your preferred messaging dashboard. Doing so helps manage extensive contact lists and also improves employee collaboration.
- Adding signature to text messages: If you’re looking to improve brand recall, and enhance message readability, you need to present yourself in a certain manner, even if it is in a text message. Adding a signature to text messages can help establish authenticity and add a professional touch to your message.
- Automated reminders: If you run a service-based business, you might need to send appointment reminders to your clients. If you seek to automate that process and save 3-4 hours of daily time, then this feature is a must-have.
- Birthday text: Strengthening relationships with your customers is important if you wish to grow your business in terms of your customer base and revenue. Look for a platform that allows you to send automated birthday texts to your customers.
- Webchat to text: If you seek to convert your website visitors into customers, then you need this functionality. With webchat to text, you can converse with your website visitors even if they move away from the webpage.
- MMS: In order to engage your customers, Multimedia Messaging Service or MMS messaging is the extra effort that you can put in without having to spend a lot of time. Choose a platform that allows you to send multimedia content to your customers and generate more leads.
- Landline texting: If you already have a landline number that you use and don’t want to purchase a new number just for texting, then you can have your landline number text-enabled.
- Opt-out management: When you send out marketing messages to your customers, you also need to give them an option to unsubscribe from those messages. Pick a platform that has such a functionality.
- Message Personalization: This is a great functionality that allows you to send personalized messages at scale. This will help you connect better with your customers, without having to put in a lot of time and effort.
- Reporting/Analytics: In addition to running marketing campaigns, you also need to know how those campaigns are performing, and assess whether you need to make any changes in your strategies. The reporting/analytics feature helps you do exactly that.
- Shortcodes: Make sure that your chosen platform offers assistance pertaining to texting with shortcode numbers. You’d need this functionality while sending marketing messages at scale.
- 10DLC support: If you want to get started with A2P messaging, then you need to have 10DLC registration. Make sure the platform you choose offers assistance in this area.
Here’s a feature-by-feature comparison of both platforms:
- EZ Texting offers 19 out of 20 features and SimpleTexting offers 18 out of 20 features.
- SimpleTexting does offer bulk texting and integrations but in a limited capacity.
- EZ Texting and SimpleTexting are rated 4.5/5.0 and 4.2/5.0 respectively for their features on Capterra.
EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting: Pricing
Another important factor to consider for a fair EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting comparison is the pricing. Here are the pricing packages of both platforms:
EZ Texting has four different pricing plans ranging from $25 – $3000 per month. The package that you choose depends on the number of messages you want to send, with the per-message cost also varying with the plan.
- While the first three packages require a setup time of less than 24 hours, the fourth package requires 4-12 weeks to set up.
- EZ Texting is rated 4.0/5.0 for its Value for Money
SimpleTexting offers 9 pricing plans, ranging from $39 a month to $909 a month, depending on the number of messages.
- If you need the ninth plan for sending more than 50,000 messages, then you need to contact the support team for the price.
- There is an additional $4 carrier registration fee that is charged by SimpleTexting.
EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting: Support
Support is an important factor that you must take into consideration for the comparison – EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting. This is because you might run into issues while using the software.
For example, you might face a glitch or you might need help using a certain functionality. This is when support, in various forms, can help you out.
While some issues or queries can be resolved by reading the material available to you, other issues might need to be addressed by a member of the support team. Hence, you need to ensure that the platform you pick offers good support.
Here’s a quick glance into the kind of support that both the platforms provide:
- Both platforms do not offer live support, which is one of the most important support channels.
- EZ Texting doesn’t provide phone support as well.
- EZ Texting and SimpleTexting are rated 4.0/5.0 and 4.8/5.0 respectively for their customer support on Capterra.
- While SimpleTexting does offer support and deployment for mobile Android, iPhone, and iPad; EZ Texting lacks deployment in Mobile Android.
EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting: Reviews
This is the final stretch of your EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting comparison as it allows you to understand what existing customers have to say about these platforms. We’ll be adding some reviews left by customers recently on Capterra and then we’ll give you a collective list of pros and cons for each of these platforms.
- The platform is easy to use
- You can preview the message before sending it
- The Customer support is not up to the mark
- The pricing plans are misleading
- There are issues with message delivery
- The platform is easy to use and navigate
- The integrations are seamless
- There are hidden charges
- The customer support is below average
EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting: The Verdict
Now that you have acquired a comprehensive understanding of both platforms, it is time to understand where both of these stand in all four aspects.
Here is an overall comparison of the two:
- If you want to use features like mass/bulk texting on a large scale, then you should opt for EZ Texting.
- If you want more integration options than what SimpleTexting offers, then opt for EZ Texting.
- If you need text forwarding and adding signatures to texts, then you should opt for EZ Texting and SimpleTexting doesn’t offer those features.
- If converting website visitors is among your top preferences, then opt for SimpleTexting.
- The pricing plans of SimpleTexting are more extensive than that of EZ Texting.
- If you multiply the per message cost of all the plans of EZ Texting, you’ll realize that the total cost is less than what SimpleTexting offers.
- There’s quite a bit of a gap between the pricing packages in SimpleTexting. For example, if your daily messaging requirement is 5,000 texts, you cannot choose the fourth plan, you’d have to pay extra and choose the 5th plan that offers 7500 texts.
- Clearly, SimpleTexting is comparatively more expensive than EZ Texting. We’d advise that you contact the support teams of both platforms and understand the pricing plans in greater detail.
- Both of the platforms do not offer live support. Round-the-clock support is an important channel that helps you resolve issues quickly and get things going. If you cannot do without live support, we suggest that you consider a platform that provides unwavering support. (We have something for you in the coming sections, so stay tuned!)
- If you can manage without live support but do want phone support, then opt for SimpleTexting as EZ Texting phone support as well.
- The Capterra rating of EZ Texting is way lower than that of SimpleTexting. Make sure to check out the reviews left by customers on review platforms before making a decision.
- While both platforms are easy to use and navigate, they do lack in certain areas.
- Both EZ Texting and SimpleTexting offer below-par customer service, which can be seen in the reviews left by past customers.
- While some EZ Texting customers found the pricing to be affordable, others found it confusing and misleading.
- SimpleTexting users find issues with using keywords and hidden charges in their packages.
Make sure you have a clear idea of your use case and then compare all these factors. If you’re a small business just starting with text message marketing, then you can opt for EZ Texting. If you’re a bigger or mid-sized organization and are looking for things more than texting, then opt for SimpleTexting.
Before you make a decision, we’d like to introduce you to a platform that is:
- More diverse in its offerings
- Is reasonably priced
- Offers exceptional support
- Is great for all types of businesses
Emitrr is a complete customer communication and engagement platform that allows businesses to streamline their operations and serve their customers better.
Irrespective of the size of your business, you can make the most of Emitrr’s functionalities, grow your revenue, broaden your customer base, and build a strong online reputation.
From business messaging to text message marketing, from automation to forms; Emitrr has something for everyone.
Why Is Emitrr A Better Alternative Than EZ Texting or SimpleTexting?
In addition to offering all the features in the EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting comparison, Emitrr offers some additional capabilities, listed below:
- Assign conversations: You can assign conversations to your team members and even leave notes for them. This ensures seamless internal communication and gets work done faster.
- Read/unread conversations: You can mark conversations as read or unread. This makes tracking the status of conversations easier and more efficient.
- Folders: You can folderize your conversations. If you wish to organize your conversations, you can create folders and keep your conversations in those very folders. This again helps streamline workflows.
- Number porting: If you have been using a different number all this while and you wish to port your number to a different carrier, Emitrr does that for you.
- Missed call to text: Emitrr offers missed-call-to-text, which means that whenever you miss a call, there is an automatic message sent to the caller. This ensures that you’re not losing out on any potential customers.
- Text from a computer: With Emitrr, you can even text from a computer! This means all your conversations can be accessed under one dashboard.
- Omnichannel texting: Emitrr also offers omnichannel messaging, which means that you can converse with your audience across different channels like Facebook, Google Business Profile, WhatsApp; etc; all at a centralized location.
- SMS Templates: Emitrr has an extensive guide of SMS templates for various industries, such as real estate, car dealerships, churches, and more. You can make use of these templates and personalize your messages.
- Secure texting: You can text securely with your customers with this feature, ensuring that your messages are encrypted and don’t get intercepted during transmission.
- Compliance: Emitrr is HIPAA and TCPA-compliant, which means you need not worry about compliance issues while using the software.
Apart from the additional features, here are some other factors that make Emitrr stand out from EZ Texting and SimpleTexting:
- If you’re just starting with texting and are using a business texting software for the first time, you need not worry about anything as there is very little for you to learn. The platform is fairly easy to use.
- If you’re migrating from another texting platform, there’s no learning curve involved.
- The platform offers 24/7 live support, which both EZ Texting and SimpleTexting lack. Emitrr’s support is rated 5 stars and is something that we take pride in.
- The value for money of this software is pretty good as the pricing plans are affordable and you only pay for what you use. The price package ranges from $149-$299 based on the features that you use.
- Emitrr supports 500+ integrations across various industries. You can check whether Emitrr integrates with your EHR/CRM here: https://emitrr.com/integrations/
Emitrr vs EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting: A Comparison
As you can see in the above comparison chart, Emitrr has the highest ratings in all aspects. Also, the likelihood of people recommending Emitrr is 95%, which is significantly higher than EZ Texting or SimpleTexting.
Here’s what people have to say about Emitrr:
One other thing that makes Emitrr one of the best text marketing platforms is that Emitrr evolves with its customers. It encompasses features that cover the entire customer journey so that customers with different use cases can rely on Emitrr’s capabilities and help them grow.
In this EZ Texting vs SimpleTexting comparison, we gave you a feature-by-feature comparison of both platforms and also helped you compare their reviews, support, and pricing plans. If you haven’t made a decision yet, make sure to take your time and mindfully select the platform that floats your boat.
If you liked Emitrr and wish to know more about its offerings, feel free to book a demo – https://emitrr.com/schedule/!