Text Message Marketing has probably made communication with your customers super engaging and effective. Businesses cannot escape this mode of communication in this day and age as texting has emerged to be the preferred means of communication for a large population of customers.
As amazing as it is, you really cannot engage in texting as a business without a few crucial things in place. For example, to communicate with customers by text you need to get their consent. You also need to enable A2P messaging for your 10-digit long code number. But hey, you probably know all of this, which is why you are here comparing two popular texting platforms SimpleTexting and Slicktext.
To help you decide between these two, we have created a comparison guide that will detail important decision-making parameters such as platform features, pricing, customer reviews, and support experience. So without further ado, let’s dive in.
SimpleTexting is a true blue texting software. SimpleTexting is optimized for both medium and large-size business use. Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, and other organizations use SimpleTexting as well. The most popular feature of SimpleTexting is Mass Texting or Broadcast Texting. Mass texting alert allows businesses to send mass texts to their customer list. SimpleTexting also has some powerful integrations that make it a desirable choice for many businesses. Another major selling point with SimpleTexting is its affordability. Simpletexting’s intuitive and easy-to-use platform is the talk of the town!
SlickText is another popular texting platform offering a comprehensive toolset that allows businesses to grow, engage, and nurture their customers. SlickText is a trusted leader in the text marketing industry. However, SlickText is one of the software on the pricer end. SlickText like Simpletexting, is also an easy-to-use platform as reported by many of its users. Slicktext has slightly more advanced texting capabilities than most of the texting platforms in the market.
SimpleTexting vs. SlickText: Feature Comparison
Let’s look at some essential texting features that businesses need to start texting with their customers.
- 2-way Text Messaging: The 2-way texting feature allows both sender and receiver i.e. the business and the customer to send and respond to messages. In other words, customers can respond to the messages that you send them and engage in active communication. This helps create a more personal touch with the customer as messages are sent not just with the intent of marketing but with connection as well.
- Mass text messaging: Mass text messaging allows businesses to send more than one message at a time. A single message can be sent to a large group of recipients. Some use cases of mass texting include mass alerts, promotions, announcements, etc.
- Automated Responses: Automated responses help businesses engage with customers even when their team is unavailable to respond to customer messages. Automated responses are predefined replies which are triggered by specific keywords or phrases. For example, if a customer asks “What are your business timings?” an automated response can be set up for the trigger phrase “timing”.
- Keywords: A keyword is a dedicated word that businesses use to add people to a specific group. For example, customers can text a keyword such as DISCOUNT to sign up for special offers.
- MMS: Multimedia Messaging Service allows the exchange of multimedia content like images, videos, or audio along with text.
- Message Scheduling: Message scheduling allows you to send messages at a specified date and time.
- Group Texting: Group texting is a feature that allows businesses to create groups with 2 or more people mostly for internal team communication.
- Webchat to text: This feature allows one to turn webchat conversations into text messages. This way if a customer drops off the web conversation it can be easily continued through text.
- Automations/Drip Campaign: Automations use predefined rules or workflows to automate tasks and responses. For example, if a customer subscribes to a particular Keyword, a series of messages specific to that keyword can be sent through automations.
- Reporting/Analytics: This feature allows you to analyze how your text message campaigns have performed. It involves tracking and analyzing data regarding message delivery, engagement, and other metrics to derive insights.
- Text Signature: This feature involves customized sign-off text appended at the end of outgoing messages, often featuring contact information or branding.
- Integrations: Powerful integrations are needed to connect messaging platforms with other software or applications to streamline operations or enhance functionalities.
- Message Personalizations: This feature allows you to customize messages according to each customer. It involves tailoring messages with individualized content or details to suit the recipient, enhancing engagement and relevance.
- Missed call to text: This feature converts missed calls from your patients to text messages with automated replies. You can either respond immediately or plan it for later. Missed clients because of missed calls are a thing of the past (not that we miss it).
- Text forwarding: This feature allows you to automatically forward inbound text messages to your preferred messaging dashboard. Doing so helps manage extensive contact lists and also improves employee collaboration.
- SlickText has 10/15 listed features and SimpleTexting has 11/15.
- While SimpleTexting has standard texting features, more advanced texting features such as segmentation are much stronger in SlickText.
- SimpleTexting has a feature rating of 4.5 on Capterra, while SlickText has a rating of 4.8.
SimpleTexting vs. SlickText: Pricing Comparison
Lets take a look at how the pricing is for both SimpleTexting and SlickText
SimpleTexting pricing plan Level 1 starts at $29 per month. With this plan you get 500 credits that you can use in the following manner:
- 1 monthly SMS to 500 people or 1 monthly MMS to 166 people
- 2 monthly SMS to 250 people or 2 MMS to 83 people per month
- 3 monthly SMS to 166 people or 3 MMS to 27 people per month
Simpltexting Enterprise plan which is the highest-level pricing plan would cost upwards of $1000 if you wish to send 50,000 + message.
Here is a summary of all their pricing plan levels:
Slicktext pricing also starts at $29 per month for 500 credits. Unlike SimpleTexting you cannot use monthly credits spread over 2-3 months. Each plan comes with a fixed amount of monthly messages. If all credits are not used in a particular month they can be rolled over to the next month billing cycle.
SlickText’s highest pricing plan ‘The Monstro’ is priced at $1250 per month and offers 50,000 credits. Enterprise option is available for higher credit requirements as well.
Here is a summary of the pricing plans.
- SlickText is slightly more expensive than SimpleTexting
- This could be attributed to stronger texting features.
- However, SimpleTexting claims to give unlimited keywords whereas SlickText keywords availability is based on the pricing plan.
SimpleTexting vs. SlickText: Support Comparison
For a smooth experience with a texting software, the support should be just right! You may run into doubts or malfunctions while using your texting software. In such scenarios, support from the customer service team is of paramount importance.
In this section, we will have a look at how SimpleTexting and SlickText perform in terms of the support they offer.
SimpleTexting has a rating of 4.8 on Capterra for its Customer Service, while SlickText has a rating of 4.9. Hence, SlickText is rated higher in Support.
Let’s have a look at what users of Slicktext and Simpletexting have to say about the support and the kind of support both of these offer.
“ The support staff are very friendly and they follow up with you very quickly. They have great onboarding and fantastic tutorials.” (Capterra)
“The customer support is Awesome! Having support at a click of a button is very helpful in times of need.” (Capterra)
SimpleTexting offers support in the following forms:
Email/Help Desk, FAQs/Forum, Knowledge Base, Phone Support and) Chat.
SlickText offers support in the following forms:
Email/Help Desk, FAQs/Forum, Knowledge Base, Phone Support and) Chat.
- Both SimpleTexting and Slicktext provide support through Email, Forum, Knowledge Base, Phone, and Chat.
- Both SimpleTexting and SlickText do not offer 24/4 live support.
- SlickText scores higher on the Customer Support rating.
SimpleTexting vs. SlickText: Review Comparison
User reviews are the best way to analyze if the product is truly what it markets itself to be. Going through current customer reviews can give you a much-needed insight into the workings of the platform.
- SimpleTexting’s mass texting features are quite impressive.
- SimpleTexting is very easy to use.
- It is an affordable option
- Lacks special characters for Spanish
- Customer support not always up to the mark
- Easy to Use
- Can be integrated easily
- Platform is often glitchy
- Issues with Customer Service
- Difficult to send media messages
- SlickText’s platform is fairly easy to use.
- SlickText’s customer service is one of the best out there.
- SlickText is quite feature-rich.
- SlickText’s integrations can be a bit difficult to navigate.
- It can be difficult to get out of SlickText’s contract and cancel your subscription.
- Easy to use
- Advanced Features
- Could be more expensive than other options
- Complicated integration navigation
- Difficult to cancel the contract
SimpleTexting vs. SlickText: The Verdict
Both SimpleTexting and SlickText have their pros and cons. Which platform is suited to your business depends solely on what your needs are.
As you must have gathered from the sections above, when it comes to features both platforms have the necessary features. However, SlickText offers more robust texting features than SimpleTexting. The automations and drip campaigns and segmentation are more powerful with SlickText.
On the other hand, SimpleTexting has one of the easiest and user user-friendly mass texting alert features.
When it comes to the pricing, SlickText can be more expensive than SimpleTexting. This can be attributed to SlickText’s considerably powerful features. SlickText also includes the price for keywords in their different tiers of pricing. SimpleTexting on the other hand, claims that they offer unlimited keywords with no extra charge. This declaration can be disputed as users of SimpleTexting have claimed that there are hidden charges associated with SimpleTexting’s pricing plan that they do not make publicly available.
According to our assessment, medium and large-sized businesses should consider SlickText as their texting platform for the robust features and the support it offers.
SimpleTexting can be preferred by small businesses as it is more affordable and offers unlimited keywords for subscriber opt-ins. If your goal is mass texting, SimpleTexting is the way to go.
However, if you are looking for software that combines the powers of both these texting platforms then keep on reading.
Emitrr: The better platform over SimpleTexting and SlickText
Emitrr is a complete customer engagement and interaction platform. Emitrr offers features that complement the entire customer journey. It ensures that businesses stay connected to their customers through every channel, be it text, call, web chat, or other communication platforms such as Google and Facebook.
Why do we say it is the better platform? Emitrr offers an array of features that are aimed at helping businesses build a connect with their customers and help steer business growth as well. It helps businesses onboard their customers easily and keep them connected at every point in their journey.
With the help of Emitrr’s features, businesses have successfully converted a large chunk of their call volumes into text, mitigated missed calls by turning them into text conversations, built their online presence by focusing on their reputation management, fostered collaborative approach within their teams to resolve customer queries quickly and so much more!
Here are some features that Emitrr offers that facilitate the above results:
- Conversation management: The conversation management feature allows teams to collaborate and resolve customer queries quickly. Some of the conversation management tools include:
- Notes: This feature allows team members to add notes to a customer conversation that is only visible to them.
- Conversation assignment: This feature allows the administrator to assign conversations to team members. The assigned team members can then take over the conversation.
- Read and Unread conversations: This feature allows shows clear distinction between read and unread messages so that the team members know which conversations to focus on.
- Dispositions: This feature allows you to characterize conversations based on certain criteria.
- Folders: This feature allows you to add conversations into different folders. It’s a great method to organize your conversations.
- Open and Closed Conversations: Once you have dealt with a particular conversation you can simply mark it as closed. You can also access conversations based on whether they are open or closed.
- Filters: You can filter conversations by various parameters such as who it is assigned to, its disposition, campaigns, tags, etc.
- Missed call to text: As discussed in a section above, the missed call to text feature allows businesses to engage callers, by following up immediately with a text message. This way no customer coming your way will be left unattended. Whenever a customer call is missed, a text will be sent that says: “Sorry we missed your call. Can we help you with something today?’. This text can be customized as you wish.
- Reputation Management: With the reputation management features you can send review requests to your customers to prompt them to leave your business a review. You can also respond to the reviews you receive on your Google My Business page through the Emitrr dashboard itself. More reviews, mean more visibility of your business on local SERPs.
- Email campaigns: You can also send Emails to your customer base right from the Emitrr dashboard. You will have email templates at your disposal to make it easier for you to curate emails. All your communications be it text or email can be easily streamlined on Emitrr.
- VoIP: VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol, allows you to make and receive calls over the Internet. VoIP features such as call forwarding, call routing, transcripts, call recording, voice notes, etc make it super efficient and easier for businesses to effectively handle all customer calls.
- Secure Texting: Emitrr’s texting capabilities are end-to-end encrypted and adhere to HIPAA guidelines. This way customer data and privacy are protected at all times.
Apart from the additional features, here are some other factors that make Emitrr stand out from SlickText and SimpleTexting:
- If you’re just starting with texting and are using a business texting software for the first time, you need not worry about anything as there is very little for you to learn. The platform is fairly easy to use.
- If you’re migrating from another texting platform, there’s no learning curve involved.
- The platform offers 24/7 live support, which both SlickText and SimpleTexting lack. Emitrr’s support is rated 5 stars and is something that we take pride in.
- The value for money of this software is pretty good as the pricing plans are affordable and you only pay for what you use. The price package ranges from $149-$299 based on the features that you use.
- Emitrr supports 500+ integrations across various industries. You can check whether Emitrr integrates with your EHR/CRM here: https://emitrr.com/integrations/
Emitrr vs SlickText vs SimpleTexting: A comparison
As you can see in the above comparison chart, Emitrr has the highest ratings across the board with a stellar 5/5 rating for its customer service. Emitrr’s Likelihood to recommend stands at 95% which is again the highest.
Here’s what people have to say about Emitrr:
- Emitrr has the best customer support.
- Emitrr platform is easy to use
- Emitrr is an affordable option
- Emitrr makes omnichannel communication easy
SimpleTexting and SlickText are both good texting platforms that businesses can use for their text messaging needs. You can make a decision based on how they perform on Features, Support, reviews, and pricing that fits your business needs. However, if you are looking for software that has an extra edge and offers more features at a reasonable price then you may want to consider Emitrr. If you wish to learn more schedule a demo with Emitrr today.